Bob  General or specific rants are "OK".  Look I go to FAA meetings every six
months to hang on to my DPE certification and after a bit unless the presenter
is very good...you cover the same thing over and over after two decades of
doing this.

I just dont agree with much of what you are saying.

There is "upmass" that is at least "not taken" by operating payloads.  OSC is
going to use a mass simulator for their Antares launch, there has not been a
Falcon9 that has flown anywhere near "full payload mass", the next one on
October 7 or there abouts wont do it...there is likely to be a Falcon heavy
less then full launch at some point in the next 2-5 years...

http://www.spaceflightservices.com/MHome.php

these people are going to try a business on the notion of carrying secondary
payloads on the Falcon9...there is a basic bus associated with them...when the
bus is done is it possible that there is room to put an amateur payload on that?

there are "places" on the Falcon9 second stage for "small payloads"...what was
the payload that flew on an Ariane second stage and stayed attached to it?
IDEFIX or something like that...

I've never quite gotten an answer as to why we are not trying to get a linear
transponder attached permanently to ISS?  Since the Russians ran the last
satellite as a sort of ISS payload for a bit its clear that there is some room
there to at least try that.  Or maybe not; the last satellite from ISS seemed
to "toast" a lot of bridges so maybe those options are gone.

Andrew raised Dragon lab...if we can get a payload on Dragonlab that strikes me
as a good "door opener" with SpaceX...

Now would any of these organizations dole out 5-10-100 lbs of payload
for an amateur radio satellite?  I dont know and maybe everyone at AMSat
 is asking as hard as they can and getting the door slammed in their
faces...but that is a different story then "there is no launches'

Whats the approach to take with these people?  AMSAT is big in the educational
mode and maybe that is the only pony that the organization has, but maybe there
are other approaches that would be more productive.

When the group I am a part of wanted to move our repeater/beacon complex from a
members tower in Clear Lake to something "better" we got a lot of no's until we
got some yes's but we didnt use education at all.  We used emergency
communications (which payed off when the hurricane came FEMA started using our
repeater system), public service and a few other things and finally made it
through the door.  For it we got 300 feet or tower height, a rack space and
emergency power.  When the time came the folks there even gave us hardline...

Since you brought up "politics"...all I know is that trying the same thing over
and over usually ensures getting the same results.  I dont think we are going
to see an AO-10,13 or 40 again because of the propulsion issue.  I doubt any
group is going to let a pyalod on with a motor unless there are "real rocket
scientist" doing the job...the record has not been all that sterling.

As for going to the "null file"...gee I am a life member of Amsat and well I am
surprised that these post are showing up on the board...

Robert WB5MZO