> You can read the article in their online version
> of the magazine at:
> http://accessintelligence.imirus.com/Mpowered/book/vvs12/i10/p1

Thanks Howie,

There's also a text version of the article at

http://www.satellitetoday.com/via/globalreg/Nano-and-Pico-Satellites_39485.html

What struck me as odd from the paper circulated at WRC 2012 was the concept of
creating a new ITU Radio Service based on the size of the equipment that would
house the radio transmitter.

There is, however, no denying that the Amateur-satellite Service requires more
spectrum. The key spectrum for us is at VHF/UHF below 1 GHz but we only have
two allocations - 435-438 MHz on a secondary basis, shared with the Military,
SAR satellites and others, and the 144 MHz band of which only 200 kHz,
144.8-146 MHz, is available to us.

You can see that when the QB50 project deploys 50 CubeSats it's going to put
the available spectrum under stress.

Hopefully US members are periodically reminding ARRL of the need for additional
Amateur-satellite Service spectrum (Earth-to-Space and Space-to-Earth) in the
VHF/UHF 40-1000 MHz region. Global allocations at 2300 and 3400 MHz are also
needed.

73 Trevor M5AKA
----