>From what I have seen, a good part of the problem is not having an ample
>backlog of articles suitable for publication.  There are numerous reasons for
>this, but the biggest problem is that not enough members are submitting
>articles for publication!  I did write an article on this very subject which
>was published a few issues back.  Personally, I can contribute articles.
>Unfortunately, since I have not been "on the cutting edge" of technology for
>some time, anything that I write would have to be historical and so forth.

I have been "around" for a LONG time!  Have been a member of AMSAT since the
first month it was formed.  Therefore, I have seen the newsletter go through
several transformations in content and format.  Some of those transformations
were better than others.  However, since AMSAT is a voluntary organization, the
quality of both the content and format of the newsletter is wholly dependent on
the quality of articles submitted for publication and the work of volunteers.
Basically, the higher quality the articles submitted, the higher the quality of
the content.

Glen, K9STH
AMSAT 239 / LM 463

Website:  http://k9sth.com