From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of David Julian
Sent: 24 October 2012 01:34
To: Robert Bruninga; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: APRS Balloon antenna tracking

Sorry folks, should have added more information. The Engineering department
at the University of Southern Indiana is sponsoring a balloon launch with a
paper airplane payload that will be released in an attempt to break the
world record for a released flight. . Here is the USI High Altitude Balloon
website: https://sites.google.com/site/usihab2011/

The balloon with have one APRS xmtr, W9MOK; and the plane will have another
APRS xmtr, W9MOK-2.  Our main concern is the plane.  Tracking it so we can
recover it.
The information that I have is that launch will be about 8am somewhere in
Illinois.  The launch site chosen to the landing site will be in So. Gibson
or No. Vanderburgh counties in Indiana. Exact time  and launch location will
be determined based on mother natures whims

Thanks//Dave WB9YIG