Right, sorry.  The question was mode L but my brain read mode S...

Greg  KO6TH

Sent from my trusty HP iPAQ.

-----Original Message-----
From: "i8cvs" <domenico.i8...@tin.it>
To: "Greg D" <ko6th.g...@gmail.com>; apbid...@mailaps.org
Cc: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: 11/21/12 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Allocations in L-band

Hi Greg, KO6TH

For the history no OSCAR satellite carried on a Mode-L Beacon.

OSCAR-7 carried on a Mode-S beacon on 2304.1 MHz built by the
San Bernardino Microwave Society but it was never officially turned
on because of  international treaty constraints (bandplan) so that it
was not receiving the autorization by the FCC

73" de

i8CVS Domenico