From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Stephen E. Belter
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:58 PM
To: AMSAT-BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] Lightning protector advice

I want to add lightning protection to my satellite station and would like
some advice.  I have a pair of SSB preamps that are powered using the coax
from my Icom IC-821 transceiver.  As a result, I need protectors that don't
block DC and will pass 13.8 VDC.

I've had good luck with PolyPhaser protectors in other applications, but
their new owners (Protection Technology Group) have apparently discontinued
the PolyPhaser products that would pass DC.

Alpha Delta makes some surge protectors that will pass DC, for example their
ATT3G50.

Does anyone have any experience with the Alpha Delta protectors or with
another brand that they would recommend?

Thanks and 73, Steve N9IP