You'll need to download the SDR# program, and possibly a driver for your PC.

They don't receive below about 70MHz, so shortwave is not an option.

http://sdrsharp.com/

73, Jim

On 01/12/2013 11:16 PM, Scott Smith wrote:
Hi folks, I now have one of those Newsky dongles and an mcx to bnc adaptor.
What else do I need like software etc so I can receive shortwave radio?. Later
I would like to use it for the satellites. Any help will be appreciated. 73 de
Scott VE6ITV