I feel your pain Luc, however maybe just maybe we will see a HEO (hopefully in
my life time) eventually. Keeping my L/S stuff just in case.
73 Bob W7LRD

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luc Leblanc" <luclebla...@videotron.ca>
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 1:27:50 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: IC970H for sale

Date sent: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:03:43 -0500
From: Bill Booth <ve3...@gmail.com>
Subject: [amsat-bb] IC970H for sale
To: "amsat-bb@amsat.org" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>

> I have listed on eBay this evening an ICOM IC-970H with the UX97A 1200 Mhz,
> and
> UX98 2400 Mhz units. Use item number 181071085544 for viewing.
>
> I really miss those HEO sats ......
>
> --
> Bill Booth VE3NXK
> Sundridge ON, Canada
> 79.23.37 W x 45.46.18 N
> FN05ns

HI Bill

We are about 4 "ancient" HEO users over here who actually thinking selling or
keeping their satellite apparatus. What's keep us from
selling is "Moon bounce" the only one way to actually effectively recycled our
HEO stuff.

Our local Ham club is promoting a Moon bounce project (see the link below)

http://www.ve2cbs.qc.ca/VE2CBS/Nos_albums/Pages/Projet_%22Objectif_Lune%22.html

The amateur satellite business is now over for many of us as i have predicted
when AO-40 failed. LEO sats where not enough to sustained a
critical mass of satellite operator. We are now watching the slow and silent
demise of this part of our hobby and related organization.
Just hope you will find takers for your very nice rig.

73

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE