On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 18:11:07 +0100, Bill Booth <ve3...@gmail.com> wrote:

Its been a while and I need to be refreshed. When using the sats linear transponders how does the transmit receive work.

Does the transmit stay on frequency and tune the receiver for best receive, or does the receiver stay and transmit frequency changes for best receive. Or do both move if your rig supports a satellite mode.

Also I am hearing what I believe is both USB and LSB on the birds. Is one sideband considered to be standard.

I think the standard is to tune the high band when tuning by hand and prefered is to tune by computer so you stay in the same spot in the passband, not sure what is standard but I think it was usb up and lsb down prefert

--
73 Andre PE1RDW