----- Original Message -----
From: "Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa" <pa...@conas.cu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 9:29 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: QFHA for SO-50... polarization issue ???

> Thanks to all for the reply to this thread...
>
> Conclusion is that I need RHCP & LHCP switchable antennas...
>
> 73 and Thanks to all.
>
> 73 de CO7WT.

Hi Pavel, CO7WT

The QFHA is not a switchable antenna from RHCP to LHCP because
RHCP is wound with turns conterclockwise and LHCP is wounded with
turns clockwise just the reverse of the classic W8JK helical antenna.

If you like RHCP and LHCP polarizations you need two separate
antennas swichable with a coax relay.

In a separate email I have sent to you the best original article on helix
antennas written by Walter Maxell W2DU.

More information on QFH antennas from W2DU are available here:

http://w2du.com/

73" de i8CVS Domenico