Sometimes the offset in the transponder changes slightly. This is especially
true with VO-52 and AO-7. On these sats, I use the RIT to touch up and make
sure I can hear my self plainly at the beginning of a pass. This is a little
easier than the offset feature in the software.

I hope that makes sense.

73, Drew KO4MA