I sincerely appreciate all of the feedback on my SatPC32 issues. I figured out the Ghost tracking' issue or at least corrected the problem. Somehow my location became corrupted. I noticed that the little white dot (QTH) was missing from its normal location. By some means my latitude/longitude data changed. I have put in the correct numbers now and I expect the ghost will leave the area.

As was mentioned, the issue in which all control stops is probably an interface problem. It may even be the notebooks having older firmware. I will continue to tinker in that area. The Panasonic Toughbook is a nice computer for ham work as it has both USB ports and a true serial port. The fact that the LVB Tracker works flawlessly with my Macbook through the same USB cable, more than likely this problem is Panasonic Toughbook related. I did try both USB ports on the Toughbook and had the same results. I will keep everyone informed as to how I resolve my problem.

Thank you again for all of the responses. I feel sure I am on the correct path to making all of the components play nicely together. Of course progress is slow when there is a satellite above the horizon :)

73,
-james
W5AOO