Did you look at the antenna plot on that web page?:
http://aprs.org/rotator1.html

At the proper 15 degree tilt of a fixed beam, the gain is down only 1 dB
at the horizon.  At your proposed 35 degree tilt, the gain is down 4 dB on
the horizon where you need it most (70% of all pass times are below 22
degrees).  To me, it makes no sense to sacrifice 4 dB in the area where
the satellites spend most of their time.

The only benefit to the high tilt angle is improved performance during the
3% of the time the satellite is above 60 degrees.  And is that worth
giving up gain for the 70% of all other pass times?  Further, when the
satellite is that high the signal is already 6 to 10 dB stronger than it
was on the horizon anyway.  How much better does one need to hear an
already excellent signal? (so as to sacrifice the other 70%)?

But again, if the antenna is in a hole and cannot see anywhere close to
the horizon anyway, then of course, tilt the main beam up to point right
at the lowest available horizon where the gain is needed most.  Bob,
WB4aPR

> Bob, depending on the antenna pattern and the ground, as you say,
> 15 degrees might be too low for any additional help toward the horizon.

> 30 to 35 degrees will give you a little better results for stuff that
isn't just
> right at the horizon, I feel.  As with all things in this hobby,
experimentation
> with your equipment will allow you to find the best combination.

Also why sacrifice 3 dB for all terrestrial operations too which are also
on the horizon?