The entire time I've been running SatPC32, I've been using a Keyspan 4-port USB-to-serial converter.

I run my FT-847, my Fox Delta rotor interface, and my HP Z3801 Timebase/GPS clock without ANY crashes.

People may complain that these adapters "cost too much", and then they buy multiple cheap adapters, with rotten drivers that don't "steer" the USB ports correctly, and blame the program they're trying to run when things crash.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

I'd rather pay more, and have solid equipment.

Jim  KQ6EA