From: "kq...@verizon.net" <kq...@verizon.net>
To: haw...@yahoo.com; w...@hotmail.com; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Sent: Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: a cheap LEO tracker for single op

 Guys, in his FIRST post he mentioned he had a very early FT-847.

The early FT-847's did NOT support two-way CAT communication for frequency and
mode. You could command the radio, but it lacked the capability to report the
frequency back to the control software.

Yaesu modified the radios, but that was a long time agao, and if the radio
didn't get modified then, you're out of luck as there are no more parts.

The change over point is somewhere in the 8G05xxxx range.

73, Jim  KQ6EA