--- On Mon, 3/6/13, K5VOU <k5v...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Possibly because when it is made available, the duty cycle rises
> to near 100% and the unit consumes too much power from the ISS power
> budget.

Hi, I'm baffled as to why you mention the ISS power budget. Do you have any
references, ARISS or elsewhere, to confirm that the ISS power budget has ever
been raised as an issue ? The one thing the ISS appears to have in abundance is
Solar Power.

The equipment to be installed on the ISS for the HAM-TV project will consume
far more power than the Kenwood TM-D700 ever did.

The KuPS power supply that was built to power the HAM-TV transmitter was
designed to supply power to up to three separate payloads.

73 Trevor M5AKA