Since the reports of hearing a CW signal from LUSAT (LO-19), I have been trying to listen to it during daylight hours over the USA, It just came over Western USA with only a 1.2 degree elevation /*here at EM55aj84ta*/, the random Dashes were there and readable during the footprint over my QTH.

The tone seems random at times and then just excessively slow at others. I have also noticed a tone shift during the transmissions, a possible indication of voltage fluctuations at the satellite. I am just venturing a guess because I have no working knowledge of the satellites design.

I am not sure what if anything can be done with the 23 year old satellite, but it has a nice orbit and it would be nice if it could somehow be put back into service, even if only on a limited "Sunlight only" type of operation.

If anyone wants or needs recording of the CW signal. I can save some and send them in MP3 format, let me know what information you need and I will try to help.

73
Frank E. Griffin
K4FEG
EM55aj84ta

The current Keps on SATPC32 are tracking the satellite perfectly.