From: "N0JY" <n...@lavabit.com>
To: AMSAT-BB@amsat.org, w...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:01:50 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] E for Effort? From FJ13

Well, that was not nearly as productive as I had hoped!
By the time I got some decent signals from the U.S., the elevation was
taking me down back into the QRM from all of the city around me. I
copied Frank, and tried to pull out one other who I heard as AA5VK but
wasn't, sorry folks, the signals were just in the noise from the QRM
even with the AMSAT broadband preamp. I see an email from Glenn AA5PK
now, well if we do it again tomorrow at least my ears may have a better
idea what your call is!
Looking at opportunities tomorrow there is a nice AO-7 7/2 at 22:22 UTC
here that covers a lot of the U.S., what mode will it be in?
We have an SO-50 7/2 at 00:54 UTC here that catches the southeast U.S.
before my LOS but I'm shooting through some buildings, maybe the lower
orbit will make up for that. Then FO-29 again 7/2 at 03:10 UTC here
that skims the top of the mountains to the west, which might be better
than tonight because more of it is out the window rather than through
part of the roof... it gets into the southern U.S.

Thanks to all for trying this with me, I'll look for you again tomorrow
night. Working portable is fun, but certainly more fun in a place where
you can walk out in the park and do it!

73
Jerry
HK5JY/N0JY