Hi Betsy,

Sorry we didn't hear you.    I'm operating from North Carolina as
N8MH/K2J.   As you heard, for a good while during the SO-50 pass there were
three of us (K2A, K2D, and K2J) standing by.  Plenty of time for QSOs.

I (and others) find SO-50 to be a bit variable in regard to frequency, so
you might need to tune around a bit for best clarity of voices.  Similarly,
it seems that the uplink can be adjusted a bit for better keying (with
tone) of the transmitter.   If you are using an HT with stored memory
channels, if might be that your best uplink isn't your best receive...

While my operations will be limited (ugly thing called work..heh), I'll
keep an ear open for you in hope of making a contact soon.

73,

Mark N8MH

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM, transb...@gmail.com <transb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We suffered an epic fail on getting heard on this morning's 7:15 am pass of
> SO50.  Using an HT and Arrow II.  I heard K2A, K2J and K2D, but nobody was
> able to hear my call.  My PL is correct and I hope that it is just the
> clouds and lousy weather.  Will try again for this evening's pass if not
> rained out.  Thank goodness for Richard K2M on the linear birds!
>
> If I am able to get my signal "out" please look for me on the higher
> passes.
>
> 73,
>

> Betsy (Elizabeth)
> WB3U