I dug out some old books including OSCAR: The Ham Radio Satellites by Dave
Ingram, K4TWJ, and OSCAR Amateur Radio Satellites by Stratis Caramanolis, and
the AMSAT Journal from December 1974. All three agree that in the Northern
Hemisphere, AO-7 polarizations are as follows:

Mode B uplink and downlink RHCP
Mode A uplink LHCP
Mode A downlink linear
435.1 beacon LHCP

The turnstile is shared on both 2m and 70cm.

I hope this clears things up some.

73, Drew KO4MA
AMSAT VP Operations