Well just another four hours of driving till we get home. Well I am riding now
but will drive the last stretch through Iowa. By the time we get home we will
have been on the road for about 22.5 hours.

Any way I just did the tally and I have 238 contacts in the log from 25
different grids and from 6 different states.

A few of the high lights of the trips as far as sat ops go was working vo52
from two grids while mobile. For the First three minutes of the pass I was in
dn91 then passed into dn90 and worked three station from each grid.

Also at the last minute I decided to take and hour detour north off of i80 to
the en01/00 gridline just north of grand island to work quite a few stations.

And to all those who worked me on fo29 while I was mobile I am sorry for the
weak signals. My half wave mobile whip got damaged early trip by a big bird at
80mph and it never worked right after that. For a while it didn't work at all
but with some roadside repairs i got it working to get us through the trip.

Also if you working me you might have noticed sometimes I signed mobile and
sometimes I signed portable. Well this was for a reason that is quite obvious.
When I signed my I was using my ft857 with halfwave mobile antenna for 2m and
three el arrow for 70cm. Mostly was semi duplex while mobile but sometimes used
the ft817 for rx.

When I signed portable I was using the ft897/817 pair with an arrow antenna
which performed flawlessly. Well all but my battery charger for the ft897
batteries stopped working which wasn't an issue because I had a back up 35amphr
gelcel along. Charged everything while driving through inverter and once in the
hotel room.

If you want qsls for grids which I assume some will of you could send a sase
with the contacts you want with the grid I was In writen on the card that would
be good. It might take a little bit for cards to get back out as I might need
to get some made. But it shouldn't take more then a month or two.

Thanks to all who followed me along the trip!

73 Wyatt
AC0RA