The sun is probably even better...

George, KA3HSW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob- W7LRD" <w7...@comcast.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:29 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] antenna direction calibration

You'd think I would have this figured out by now. I never paid very close attention to exact antenna direction until now. I mean the satellite was always within the beam pattern. I tried the SuM part of Satpc32. I am thinking of trying some EME, and I looked up the boom of the yagi' and I was about 8* high and maybe 10* to the right of the moon, still probably within the half power point of the beams. This is where the obsessive part comes along, should I use the moon as the "grand phooba" of calibration? Or compass true/mag. I mean the moon is "pretty" consistent. As always the collective thoughts of this bb are never wrong.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle