This was sent to a local club reflector and I thought it might be of interest to my satellite ham friends.

73...bruce

Changes are ahead that you need to know about.
GRE Electronics filled for Bankrupty after they lost there warehouse in
China. GRE Electronics made Alinco Radios and GRE Police Scanners and police scanner products. Alinco Radios were not being made for several months in a
row. GRE Will not come back, but Alinco Radios are now being made by
Remtronix _http://www.remtronix.com/_
Radio Shack will also no longer have police scanners. All of the police
scanners that Radio Shack had under the Realistic label were made by GRE.
Also Grove Electronics a big police scanner supplier owned by Bob Grove is
closing down. Bob has decided to retire, and with a slow economy he decided
to sell everything. Grove Electronics also has decided to stop publishing
the magazine Monitoring Times. the last issue of Monitoring Times will be
issued on December 2013.

NOTE TO ALL:
     When forwarding e-mails, PLEASE use only "Blind Carbon Copy" or "Bcc"
for all recipients. Please "delete", or "highlight & cut", any forwarding history which includes my e-mail address! It is a courtesy to me and others who
     may not wish to have their e-mail addresses sent all over the world!
     Erasing the history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses
     THANK YOU!