To: "Dave Larsen PhD" <d...@volcano.net>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Help with 75 mtr Qrn problem

On 8/2/2013 05:23 PM, Dave Larsen PhD wrote:
I have 2 dipoles up at 60+ ft - one set running East-West other North South .. From 2.6 to 5 Megs I have a S-7 Qrn lev at 4 Am .. buy noon I have a 10-20 over QRN Lev .. I live on 10 acres and have turned off main power to house and still have QRN .. so not coming from anything in house .. This one has me stumped .. 6 moths ago my Qrn was a S-2 .. waiting for a G6 radio to try and track this down
but does anybody else have any idea's ?

Tnx

Dave
N6CO

there is a possibility that you have a nearby electrical transformer that has a corroded connection on it, these connections can be a major source of noise and they will come and go with changes in humidity or precipitation. will it suddenly stop at times are is it a fairly constant level?

your local utility company can find and repair these connections but they need a better idea of the direction it is from your QTH.

Those are my thoughts on your problem
Good Luck
Frank;
K4FEG