I am a outsider looking in, so don't take this wrong, but I've also noticed
this problem, not just here, but at other sites that I watch.

As the editor of Keep America At Work I believe the solution is simple, but
you may not agree with me, and it is not my intent to tick you off if that
happens.

The solution I believe is to give all of the volunteers access to the
wordpress platform with a user level of contributor

---
Summary of Roles
Super Admin - somebody with access to the site network administration
features and all other features. See the Create a Network article.
Administrator - somebody who has access to all the administration features
within a single site.
Editor - somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of
other users.
Author - somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
Contributor - somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot
publish them.
Subscriber - somebody who can only manage their profile.
---

You will then move the bottleneck from getting articles to having an editor
that will approve, and publish them which will greatly simplify the process.

Sure, this will require the editor(s) to preview the articles, and release
them, but I'm betting that is a very manageable task.

I'm not up to speed on the amsat community and my financial situation is not
good without work, so I'm probably not a good candidate for the
editor/publisher role, but I will guarantee you that I can get the site up
to date and current asap if I were.

Sometimes we focus so much on the infrastructure that we lose site of the
fact that our mission is to get the message to the people as the people
could care less about the infrastructure

My two cents only, and if I'm out of place, let me know and I will shut up.

Virgil
N5IVV
Keep America At Work