Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 11:15 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] SATPC32 & Icom IC-910H Setting PL Tone Question

Happened to be up very late, trying to finish some work. My computer alerted me that SO-50 was rising, and even though it was 4AM, I thought I'd take a chance that someone might be on the bird.

All efforts to raise the bird failed, even though it was a very high elevation pass. I realized that the bird had "timed out" and needed to be activated. Not something I was used to thinking about considering how busy SO-50 usually is. I searched in vain to try to figure out how SATPC32 was setting the 67.0 Hz PL tone. I figured I could modify that setting to make it transmit 74.4 Hz instead. But no joy.

I know this can be set in the rig's menu, but I'd rather have a separate setting in SATPC32 for those rare passes when SO-50 is silent. Can someone walk me through how to edit the necessary file(s) and set this up? Thanks in advance from a night owl!

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light