I have a Cushcraft A144-20T. Twice as many elements in each plane than yours. I run both a vertical and horizontal coax to my shack and use a crossover coax switch with phasing and impedance matching coax to generate switchable circular polarization in the shack. Works great for me. The polarization change makes a big difference at times on the satellites..

I can also run just vertical or horizontal polarization by changing the coax configuration in the shack. In fact, you can use the same crossover switch as a SPDT to experiment with changing between horizontal and vertical polarization. I do this during VHF contests sometimes. I have also worked meteor scatter with it.

I have been using this antenna for 25 years with no problems. I used it with AO10, AO13 and AO40 with no problems. The low orbit birds are really loud compared to the high orbits birds.

73,
Bill
NJ1H