(Apologies in advance for a duplicate posting - my ISP is having e-mail
issues
now, not sure if my original e-mail will make it here)

Hi!

I will have an AMSAT table at the Mohave Amateur Radio Club's annual hamfest
in Kingman, Arizona, this Saturday (12 October 2013).  The hamfest will be
at
Centennial Park, on 3333 Harrison Street in Kingman.  This park is along
the
north side of the I-40 freeway, between exits 51 (Stockton Hill Road) and 53
(Andy Devine Avenue/AZ-66).  The hamfest is scheduled to run from 7am to 3pm
(1400-2200 UTC).  More information about the hamfest is available from:

http://kingmanhamfest.com/

I plan to have WD9EWK on as many satellite passes as possible during the
hamfest for on-air demonstrations of satellite operating.  The hamfest site
is in grid DM25xf, in Mohave County AZ.  Please call WD9EWK if you hear me
on
a pass during the hamfest, and join in the demonstrations.

Since Kingman is near a couple of grid boundaries, I plan on driving to one
of those boundaries after the hamfest for some passes on Saturday afternoon
and early evening (early Sunday, 13 October, UTC time) before driving home -
if there are suitable passes at that time. The DM25/DM35 grid boundary is
not
too far from the hamfest site, running through the east side of Kingman.
The
DM24/DM25 grid boundary is about 20 miles/32km south of Kingman along I-40
heading toward California.  I operated from both of these grid boundaries
the
last time I attended this hamfest in 2010, so I know these locations.  I
will
have APRS running in my car, and should show up on the various APRS web
sites
as WD9EWK-9 as I am traveling around northwestern Arizona.

As with the other hamfests I attend, I will upload all QSOs to Logbook of
the
World.  If you would like to receive a QSL card for a QSO with WD9EWK on
Saturday, please e-mail me with the QSO details. If you are in the log, you
will get a card.  No need to first send me a card or SASE/postage to receive
my card.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/