When I started, I had a hand me down beat up yaesu ft-221R 2m all mode with an
old cb mic with a mag mount antenna and a realistic 10m all mode radio that
didn’t transmit and a dipole but almost everyday I was either listening to or
working someone on RS-10…. ahhhh the life…. it was so good with those russian
leo sats, all you needed was a tickle of a signal to work some folks, now today
with a TS-2000LE with 23cm, all I see is that fm sats are always clobbered by
over-powered users and transponder HOGS, no room to even try to make a contact,
what with everyone in my area trying to over-power each other to have control
of what little transponder room there is. What a person wouldn’t give for an
“A” mode bird or 2 again….  sure do miss those RS birds, they were so much fun…