I have been experimenting with Raspberry Pi, for streaming SDR and rotator control with Simon Brown's SDR Console V2.

I am looking for a way to remotely stream the audio from my FUNCube Dongle (plugged into a Raspberry Pi) and control my rotator (G6LVB type tracker).

So far I have been able to use an ethernet connection only (wired) from the controlling PC running SDR console, with the Raspberry Pi, RTL type TV dongle and serial port & rotator controller at the antenna end (eliminating lossy and expensive runs of quality coax).

I am running this on the Raspberry Pi as a 'serial console server'

http://lesser-evil.com/2013/04/raspberry-pi-ser2net-cheap-nm16a-serial-console-server/

And running VSPM on the main PC:-
http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=VSPM

I have managed to use the DDE server from SDR console, to send data to a virtual comm port on the PC with VSPM, this connects over TCP/IP to the Raspberry Pi and is controlling the rotators hooked up to a G6LVB type tracking interface.

I get around 2mhz of I/Q data from the RTL Dongle into the SDR console by running rtl_tcpip on the Raspberry Pi.

SDR Console v2 now has DDE rotator support and a satellite tracking module that does automatic doppler correction.

So far so good - I'm very pleased with the results, however I would prefer to use the FUNCube dongle for the RF front end, rather than the RTL TV dongle as it has better filtering on-board and is vastly superior.

Does anyone know a way of using the rtl_tcpip software with the FUNcube dongle?

I'm hoping this is possible.

Thanks and regards

Matty

MD0MAN