Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:20 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Triton-1 update #1 19 November 2013 15:00UTC

Hi all,

As you may be aware, on the 21st of November, 07:10UTC a DNEPR launch
vehicle will lift off from Yasny Launch Base, Russia, carrying a number
of payloads.
One of them is the Triton-1 satellite, a 3-unit cubesat developed by
ISIS - Innovative Solutions In Space from Delft, The Netherlands.
Note that the Triton-2 satellite is not on this launch, its launch date
is to be determined at this stage. Triton-2 will be similar to Triton-1,
the main difference being that it will also carry an S-band downlink and
associated mode US transponder.

Triton-1 is a satellite which will serve as a test bed for an
experimental receiver, designed to receive Automatic Identification
System (AIS) messages from ships. During the first three months after
launch, the plan is to characterize the AIS receiver in orbit. After
approximately three months of experimenting, we intend to activate a
single channel FM to DSB mode UV transponder (similar to AO-16's
transponder). The exact transponder uplink frequency in the 435-438MHz
band will be announced at that time as well.

We have created an amateur radio information page which contains all
information related to its downlink signals at:

http://www.isispace.nl/HAM/

We intend to publish regular status updates on the AMSAT-BB as well as
on the aforementioned page.

Kind regards on behalf of the Triton-1 team,

Wouter Jan Ubbels PE4WJ