Hello,

I’ve had a few Satellite operators ask me what’s the point of making contact
with any of the W1AW portable stations when a few states at the beginning of
the event were not on the air therefore not being able to work all states for
an award.  The rules indicate that each state will have two opportunities to be
on the air, so if you missed the state or it was not on the air, you might have
an opportunity to log them the second time around.  I’ve selected some of the
information about the ARRL year long celebration, you don’t have to be an ARRL
member to be part of this Historic event, so get on the air!  For more
information, http://www.arrl.org/centennial

What is the Centennial QSO Party?
The ARRL Centennial QSO Party is a year-long operating event that celebrates
hams making contacts. In the end you will have accumulated points, worked new
stations and made new friends all over the world.

The Centennial QSO Party is made-up of two main activities: (1) W1AW operating
portable in each state and most territories; and (2) The Centennial Points
Challenge which is the accumulation of points from qualifying contacts made
throughout 2014.  To have a score listed online in the Points Challenge
competition, logs must be submitted through the  Logbook of the World
(LoTW)system.

W1AW will be on the air from every state and most territories, and it will be
easy to work WAS working only W1AW portable operations. This is the first
ARRL-sponsored operating event where every member is worth at least one point,
so work as many points as you can during 2014! Earn awards based upon points,
working all states or working W1AW portable in every state and territory. This
is an on-the-air event like no other.

73 Pete

W1AW/2  home call W2JV former WB2OQQ