One thing I overlooked is good old ITAR. Hell, I'm even afraid to tell my friends around here what I do for a "living". I'm pretty sure that AO-73 was a collaboration between AMSAT-UK and AMSAT-NL, a luxury that we don't have. Plus, we are limited to U.S. launches and some of them (i.e. Fox-1A) have a LOT of restrictions and paperwork on them, a whole 'nother full job of volunteer work. I spent weeks working on the paperwork for the license (yes, we need a license because it flies from the U.S.) for the camera experiment.

That being said, there are no opportunities to share with other AMSAT organizations on development and if coming up for volunteers to build the satellite is so difficult then that also applies to other opportunities such as ground station solutions. Manpower... Can't even share details about "this is what we would like the satellite to accomplish can you (AMSAT-notNA) help with some ground station design ideas".

As has been pointed out if anyone has any ideas go for it, but realistically it should be something that you can offer a solution for. Throwing out ideas is great, maybe some things have not been thought of, but that's just like saying "and here you go do it". Get a group of people interested in accomplishing it, at least come up with a conops, requirements... even if you can't build it (and believe me, I am waaay past the age of seeing some of them teeny parts much less avoiding scattering them to the wind when my allergies kick up a good sneeze) there is something to work with when someone comes along who can build it. And those people are out there, but you need to get every aspect together, so that you have the people with the plans and the specs and the people who design the circuits and the people who get the parts and the people who put the parts together and the people who test it. It has to progress in steps. Start with those who can do the starting steps, build a team, and over time you can do it!

People say (quoting you for recency) "why AMSAT is not..." but AMSAT is not a being. We are AMSAT. Saying "Why AMSAT is not" means "why I am not" (contributing, building, designing, whatever) "is a mystery to me."

It doesn't have to be an official AMSAT-NA program I don't believe, look at what Mark Spencer WA8SME has done with the ideas based on the Fox satellite.

73
Jerry
N0JY