KB2M wrote:

I'm looking for a USB solution that will work with 32/64 bit WIN7/8,
SatPC32, and my 5500 Yaesu rotor.

W9AE replies:

The simplest and cheapest USB rotor interface I know of is the "ST1". It's JUST an interface, with no control buttons and no display. Price is $39 for the assembled PCB with no enclosure. Mine was shipped in a very small box from India.

General information can be downloaded from:
http://www.foxdelta.com/products/st1.htm

Installation and setup instructions can be downloaded from:
http://www.foxdelta.com/products/satellite/st1/st1-satellitetracker.pdf

I never understood why so many people are so eager to pay much more money for a rotor interface box that has buttons and a display. The computer screen and mouse can do that!

The interface emulates the old "EasyComm" interface. Real-time azimuth and elevation are displayed in a separate small window on your computer screen. Manual control of the rotor can be accomplished using the SatPC32 Rotor menu.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Oakland, Oregon, USA, CN83ik