Hold on. Not once did I ever suggest that ANY satellite was "easy to build". I very much respect the effort, research, testing, etc. that goes into every one, be it a flying repeater or not. My reference to the term "easysats" comes from Clint or one of his ilk that seems determined to show the rest of the amateur community how "easy" the FM sats are to work. That's all well and good for them to do that too. However, I was drawn to satellite work because of the challenge. I mean call me weird or crazy but when something loses it's challenge and becomes too easy, it begins to bore me pretty quickly.
73,
Michael, W4HIJ