Info about W1AW portable operations.  See the link at the bottom to get
authorization to operate as W1AW.

The Minnesota state coordinators for W1AW/0 had divided by HF and
VHF-and-above.  I contacted them and suggested that they add a third
category of SAT, which they did.  Like most hams satellites weren't on
their radar screen.

I believe it is up to us, the satellite operators, to make our presence and
desire known if we want to use the W1AW call during our state's week.

Unfortunately, my VFO on one of my two rigs went kaput on the second night
of operation and I only made about 35 QSOs.   I am planning to be on the
birds again in June as W1AW/0 (from Mn):

   - MINNESOTA   UTC – Tuesday June 11, 0000 UTC – June 17, 2359 UTC

As the W1AW operator you will not have to do any QSLing.   All you have to
do is log the calls you work and when done submit the log file in ADIF
format along with your call, county and grid square to your state
coordinator.  The coordinator will submit them to the ARRL for upload to
LOTW and for paper QSLing.

Here is a link to the schedule for what states will be on for each week of
the year:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/On%20the%20Air/W1AW_2014_sked.pdf
This link also has the name of the person or club you should contact to get
authorization to use the W1AW call during your state's week.

73
Rolf   NR0T
Grid EN34
Amsat #39995