From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Friday, 21 February 2014 07:58
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Cubesat 1 axis attitude control?

Need an AMSAT greybeard with attitude control experience.

We want to use only one magnetorguer coil (a Z coil) to more or less keep
our Z axis aligned with the Earth's axis (+/-30 deg)

We figure if we energize the Z coil only twice per orbit while over the
equator where the Earth's magnetic field is aligned with the poles we can
eventually bring it into alignment.  Then we maintain that alignment using
white/black differential solar radiation pressure to maintain a fractional
RPM about the Z axis.

I need help from some greybeards to prove this is possible.

Bob, WB4aPR