Good afternoon,

The demonstrations at the Vienna Wireless Winterfest were quite a success.
We made two QSOs on the 1230Z pass of VO-52 and an outstanding 11 QSOs on
the 1347Z pass of FO-29.

Thanks to AC0RA and KD8LMI operating as W1AW/8 for the QSOs on the VO-52
pass.

Thanks to AC0RA, W5PFG, AA5PK, W3KXR, K4FEG, WC7V, WD9EWK, CO6CBF, KD8LMI
operating as W1AW/8, N5ZNL, and W7JPI for the QSOs on the FO-29 pass.

I was using my normal portable satellite station of a Yaesu FT-817 (with
blown finals - don't need them to receive!). a Yaesu FT-817ND, High Sierra
Microwave preamps (LNAA146FIL for 2m, LNAA432 for 70cm), and an Elk antenna
for the demonstrations.

There were probably about a dozen people in and out observing the
demonstrations, plus others watching from a distance.

Following the demonstration, Steve, KS1G, presented a great introduction to
AMSAT and satellite operating in a classroom forum with about 20 hams in
attendance.

After the forum, we went back outside to capture some telemetry from
FUNcube-1 as it passed over at about 1530Z and captured 25 frames with
Steve's FUNcube Dongle, Elk antenna, and a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. Only 25
frames were captured because it was the first time I had used the FUNcube
Dongle and the Dashboard is not quite designed for touchscreen input! We
were able to show the realtime and whole orbit data collected and read
several fitter messages.

Thanks to the Vienna Wireless Society for giving us the opportunity to both
demonstrate amateur satellite operation and make a presentation. Also,
thanks to two VWS Directors, John, KJ4YHC, and Ian, N0IMB, for filming the
demonstrations and interviewing me about my portable satellite station. I
will share the interview video with the BB when they post it.

In the meantime, I have posted a short video of the QSO with W1AW/8 from
the hamfest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ogW_u80o4

73,

Paul Stoetzer, N8HM