My contribution to the Sprite project is now hosted at :

http://kicksat.wordpress.com/support/kicksat-ground-station/

although I still need to amend the typo that sets the frequency at 437.4 when
it should be 437.240.

Thanks to MJ for setting this up for me now that my personal website hosted by
Google is full (I need to talk to them about that!).

In the page I have tried to set out a simple and modest station (my own!) which
should be in the reach of a target school science teacher or similar.

This station received the 100mW transmitter of $50sat at a distance of 640km as
shown on the waterfall display. Thanks to the team of $50sat for their
inspirational project. This waterfall display and SDR receiver is needed for
the bandwidth of the Sprite transmisison, and the aim is to record the entire
pass for the project's database.

>From an operator's point of view, the most important thing to notice is that
>no dongle is accurately calibrated and so you should not necessarily believe
>that the frequency you set in software is the frequency you actually get!

I hope this page will encourage people to try for the interception of the
Sprirtes when they are launched shortly.

73 de andy g0SFJ