As I see it there's no absolute guarantee that any satellite won't become an
orbital hazard at some point.

The debris from weapons testing in space can generate hundreds of thousands of
fragments but the biggest hazard is natural debris - there are tens of millions
of natural debris fragments in Earth orbit.

73 Trevor M5AKA

On Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 2:06, B J <va6...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/4/14, M5AKA <m5...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Launch of Two Hundred 437 MHz Satellites
> http://amsat-uk.org/2014/03/03/launch-of-two-hundred-437-mhz-satellites/
>
> Southampton University Wireless Society WebSDR Tracks LitSat-1
> http://amsat-uk.org/2014/03/04/southampton-university-wireless-society-websdr/
>
> RSGB: IARU 2014 VHF/UHF/UW Consultation
> http://amsat-uk.org/2014/03/02/rsgb-iaru-2014-vhfuhfuw-consultation/

Considering that space debris is a major concern, what guarantees are
there that some of these birds won't become orbital hazards?  (Yes,
I'm well aware that many of them won't be out there for very long, but
re-entry can't always be accurately predicted.)

73s

Bernhard VA6BMJ @ DO33FL