From: amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-boun...@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Kevin M
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:31 AM
To: AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: lotw

i think
band is 2m, 70cm, 13cm (which is for the rx frequency)
mode fm or ssb
satname is so50, ao51, ao27 etc
prop mode is sat anything else have to be changed (i have only logged the rx
frequency,
not the tx frequency) 73...bruce

Sorry but "BAND" is the transmit band and "RX_BAND" is receive band. The
Transmit band is what is relevant to matching. I am afraid you will need to
change the BAND to the uplink band, or the QSOs will not match.

A Sat QSO is: CALL, QSO_DATE, TIME_ON, BAND, MODE, PROP_MODE, SAT_NAME

Maybe this will help:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/N5JB.pdf

Just a note, my logging program (WINLOG32) does not handle satellite QSOs
very well. I have resorted to using TQSL to create sat logs. At first I had
all my sat QSOs in one file... then a bright idea hit me. I keep a separate
log file for each satellite/mode, so after a pass, when I go to enter new
QSOs, I just enter CALL, DATE and TIME... and click next. The rest is always
the same. Much quicker than having to constantly change the band and sat
name.

Anyway, you can also load an existing ADIF file into TQSL and use the pull
down menus to edit fields. You can step through QSOs one at a time. Don't
know if that would be any easier for you or not.

73 es GL!

Kevin, N4UFO (ex-AC5DK)