Greetings from Rhode Island. My name is Myrton. My call sign N1GKE.

I am spearheading the Broadband Hamnet -RI- with operators from all across the spectrum.

We are still in the building stages. The will be a Symposium at the Knight Campus of CCRI.

Knight Campus is easily accessed from Route 95 North or South. Symposium start time 10 AM.

The date is April 27 th, the last Sunday of April. We can accomadate upwards of 100 people.

I for one have already begun with the help of Russ (KB1SYA) to assemble a station from spare

parts in the 2.4 Ghz range. I will have at least one dedicated station for this GEO-SAT with plans

for NTS, EMCOMM or any other Amateur Radio Service that may be needed to serve the North

East United States.

The Symposium is open to all, that means everyone, Amateur Radio Operators, Satellite Enthusiasts

and anyone interested. There are plans for at least two more Symposiums in the NE over the summer.

Please, if you are going to attend, send an email to: N1GKE (AT) (COX) (DOT) (NET)

In the subject please put Broadband Hamnet -RI-, so the mail goes to the proper folder and gets

printed and sent to the proper file box. Thank you for detail.

"I use the original form of social networking, /Amateur Radio."

/