I notice that the frequency calculated by MacDoppler is slightly off from
the frequency that I hear the telemetry at.  It's off by up to half a kHz.
 It's not a fixed offset (as I would expect if my Radio was not calibrated
on the right frequency), so I can't just offset the frequency slightly in
the software.

Is this expected (within experimental error), or is likely that I have
something wrong with my setup?

It's hard to tell if I have the same offset for other satellites, because a
CW beacon is present even if the tuning is off just slightly.  When using a
radio to receive AO-73 (vs the dongle) the tuning needs to be quite
accurate.

73
Chris
ac2cz