Hi!

I just saw a new Wouxun KG-UV8D HT here at the hamfest in Sierra Vista AZ.
Its FCC ID number is WVTWOUXUN07. I looked that up on the FCC certification
database:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

That database had photos of another Wouxun HT, not the UV8D. Wouxun could
have tweaked the older radio to make it capable of full-duplex operation,
but doesn't that mean the new radio should have gone through the FCC
certification process?  I didn't have a chance to poke around on that radio
to see if it could do full-duplex operation for SO-50.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/