Hi JoAnne,

I am able to copy stations on 145.825. I am also able to do APRS on 144.390 (and the aprs.fi website shows my station as being active).

1. I now recall a series of posts not to long ago that talked about this very issue of SATGATE's. The only reason I wanted to see a posting of my callsign somewhere was to see that it was indeed working. I think I'll change my unproto to RS0ISS, seems most of the stations I hear have it set that way.

3. I do have my TNC set to PASSALL. I do see a fair amount of packet activity. I'm just not getting anything in the way of a response. I'll just keep at it and see what happens.

During the pass, I issue a "converse" command and send something like "Hi from Kelley EN25". If I see another station I send something like "Hi W0ABC this is Kelley W0RK". Is this the right format? I assume that trying to connect to another station isn't the right way?

Thanks for the very informative response JoAnne. Perhaps I'll see you on the bird.

Kelley - WØRK