It's not that difficult. I'm going to CC the 'bb on this so anybody else
facing the same problem can use this. Also, they should be almost drop-in
compatible, but I ran all of this on a Linux Mint install, not Ubuntu. Mint
(IMHO) is a little more friendlier than Ubuntu, but is a direct fork of
Ubuntu so you shouldn't have any compatibility issues.

First, install git and some dependencies. This assumes GPredict is already
installed.

*sudo apt-get install git libglib2.0-dev libtool intltool
libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgoocanvas-dev*

Then you'll want to grab the code.

*git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/gpredict/code
<http://git.code.sf.net/p/gpredict/code> gpredict-code*

This will create a new directory (probably gpredict-code); you'll want to
move into that directory.

*cd gpredict-code *

Next, run the autogen script. This prepares the code for installation.

*./autogen.sh*

Assuming that runs all the way through without exiting for errors, run

*./configure*

then

*make*

and finally

*sudo make install*

Assuming everything goes according to plan, you should be able to launch
the program by running

*/usr/local/bin/gpredict*

Make sure it's the correct version by going to Help > About GPredict.
"GPREDICT 1.3.242-b445" is the text you're looking for.

Finally, let's replace the out-of-date binary with this one. This probably
isn't the best way to do it, but it works.

*sudo mv /usr/local/bin/gpredict /usr/bin/*
That should do it for updating it to the latest version.

Other changes that were helpful:
> Duplex TRX & Sub Up / Main Down in the interfaces prompt
> Modules > Layout > Select Layout "All Views (Wide)" (Requires restart of
program)

Anyway, good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig