From: Robert Bruninga <bruni...@usna.edu>
To: amsat bb <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 4:25
Subject: [amsat-bb] Recordings of FO29 Field Day passband...?

> I have been asked by ICOM to webcast field day this year.

Unrelated, but it would be great if someone with a good satcom station
recorded the passband of FO29.  Not so much to get individual QSO's but to
grasp what a full wideband transponder can carry.

IE, tune the passband from one end to the other at a constant rate.

Then again, and again, and again at the same rate.  Maybe separate files
for each scan so we can tell when a complete scan begins and ends.

This would give those who are unfamiliar with wideband linear transponder
operation what the capability really is under FD loading...

Just a thought.

Bob, Wb4APR