On 06/25/2014 09:16 PM, Jim White wrote:
> I've just rebuilt my sat station and was planning to be on for Field
> Day to give out some contacts from home.
>
> What birds are folks planning to use?  I assume SO-50 and FO-29. Any
> others?

I plan to use VO-52 because the downlink signals are much stronger than
FO-29. FO-29 is my plan B. (Only planning to make one or two contacts
for the bonus points. After that, it's all show for visitors.)

Incidentally, with help from this group, I was able to get the DVB
dongle(RX)/TS2K(TX)/SatPC32/HDSDR combination to work great. It's really
neat to see the whole transponder passband. In fact, you can see the
noise floor come up when the satellite is in view. My antennas are
small, steerable yagis for the 'wow' factor - but I know you can use
omni's with preamps.

73's and good luck
Stu2
W4IY 9A VA