Nitin,

When stacking antennas for different frequencies and you wish to estimate the effect of, say, a 2m antenna on a 70cm antenna, you should consider the capture area of the 2m antenna at 70cm, *not* at 2m. Despite the physical size, the capture area is very small. That means you can put the antennas much closer together than many people think. WA5VJB did some measurements for 900MHz and another band which illustrated this, and presented the results in a lecture to the UK Microwave Group some years ago. He found he could put the antennas almost touching with little effect on the radiation pattern. I did some Eznec simulations for 2m and 70cm crossed yagi antennas spaced horizontally at distances from 2.0m down to 0.8m which gave similar answers. I have the pictures in a powerpoint file which I've emailed to you directly as I don't know if this list supports attachments.

I built the antennas but then moved house before I could put them up. I still haven't got there!

73

Chris