FPV and drone ground-station antenna trackers operate by receiving a continuous stream of live GPS location data as a part of the aircraft telemetry downlink. from this, AZ/EL data is computed and the antennas pointed. For satellite tracking, AZ/EL data would have to be computed/predicted as we normally do.

Most of the tracking HARDWARE I've seen are small, use R/C servos and carry usually patch antennas or small axial mode helix antennas. Don't know how these would handle larger antennas like even small yagis.

R/C servos with high-torque output are available, but given that these top-end servos can exceed US$200 per axis, it isn't clear that a design based on these would offer much advantage to (say) a G5500.